Curriculum Resource Library
The Arts Council of Mendocino County (ACMC) supports arts education, arts enrichment and arts integration in our schools. To further advance our mission to expand the arts in education, we are pleased to present this Curriculum Resource Library, A Get Arts in the Schools Program (GASP) Resource.
Through a grant from the Community Foundation of Mendocino County, ACMC has developed this on-line resource for teachers, artists and community educators to deliver integrated arts projects in the visual, literary, performing and multimedia arts developed by veteran GASP artists. The model projects, associated handouts and presentations offer educators examples and resources for bringing integrated arts teaching into classrooms and teaching practices through an approach that supports learning in the core curriculum, emphasizes the elements of art and engenders habits of mind for deeper understanding.
In addition to the GASP model integrated arts projects, the Curriculum Resource Library includes recommended national, state and local arts education resources selected based on their expertise and reputation in the field. The listings of websites, publications and books offer quality resources and tools for bringing the arts into teaching and learning across the K-12 curriculum. Resources are listed by type—visual, performing, literary and multimedia arts and arts education research, tools and advocacy—and by geography under national, state, San Francisco Bay Area and local Mendocino County categories. Several key sites feature resources across the arts and are listed under multiple categories.
Together with the GASP model integrated arts projects, the websites, publications and books listed in the Curriculum Resource Library offer examples of quality arts education programs, models and approaches—including teaching guides, curriculum maps and arts integration lesson plan ideas as well as research and advocacy tools—which support the arts as an essential part of K-12 education. As the intent is for The Curriculum Resource Library to be a growing library of quality resources, we invite you to forward recommendations of additional exceptional arts education organizations or resources not listed here to the Arts Council at email@example.com for consideration.
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Literary And Visual Arts, Cathleen Micheaels
- “Come Add Color In Schools” PROJECT BACKGROUND & LESSON PLAN
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Visual Arts, Chris de Firmian
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Visual Arts, Marie Pera
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Performing Arts, Billy Hetherington
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Performing Arts, Ali Miller
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Literary Arts, Karen Lewis
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Multimedia Arts, Blake More
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Performing Arts, Trudy McCreanor
- GASP Model Integrated Arts Project—Visual Arts, Janet Rayner
- Literary Arts Resources—Websites
- Literary Arts Resources—Books
- Multimedia Arts Resources—Websites
- Multimedia Arts Resources—Books
- Performing Arts Resources—Websites
- Performing Arts Resources—Books
- Visual Arts Resources—Websites
- Visual Arts Resources—Books
- Research, Tools & Advocacy Resources—Websites
- Research, Tools & Advocacy Resources—Books
- Research, Tools & Advocacy Resources—Printable Reports, Briefs, Handbooks & Guides
© Copyright 2018 Arts Council of Mendocino County - All Rights Reserved.