Want to be a part of the most creative place on the Mendocino Coast? Art Explorers is hiring for a part-time teaching aide with knowledge of printmaking—specifically linoleum printing, dry point etching, or silkscreen techniques.
Teaching aides provide a fun, nurturing, non-judgmental, artistically stimulating, and safe environment where artists are able to express their individual creativity. We are looking for employees who actively contribute to creating a place where people with disabilities are welcomed and accepted as artists, by artists.
- Art or art related background in addition to previous experience with individuals who have developmental disabilities and/or brain injuries preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Enthusiastic support of the program and the ability to relate to Art Explorers artists with respect, sensitivity, good humor and patience.
- Ability to communicate well with many different kinds of people with varying abilities and with some who may exhibit challenging behavior.
- Ability to communicate well with co-directors, board members, parents, other care providers, other artists and community partners and volunteers.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, walk several blocks, lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs., reach, climb, squat, bend or kneel occasionally.
- Computer literacy with functional use of e-mail, internet, photo applications and keyboarding.
- Fingerprint clearance.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a safe car, proof of insurance and ability to transport artists on occasion.
Please email your resume and three references to: email@example.com