We are always happy to hear from business owners and managers seeking artists to present; and YES, we can help you!
Among the ways that we support businesses seeking to partner with artists are:
- We will help you draft a Call to Artists. Please see the sample form below. Your CTA describes what you are looking for and ensures that you have plenty of artists from which to choose.
- We will share your Call to Artists with our members & post it to the opportunities section of our website, thereby ensuring that the maximum number of artists are aware of your needs.
- We will promote your art events ensuring that your partnership with the arts brings new circles of people to your place of business.
Please become a FRIEND of the Arts Council to take advantage of these services.
CALL TO ARTISTS
Name of Venue or Event:
Work Media: [LIST DESCRIPTION OF WORK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR I.E. SCULPTURE, PAINTS, PRINTS, ETC]
Work Size: [EXAMPLE: 6’X6’, 80 LB. MAX]
Entry Requirements: [LIST ANY REQUIREMENTS I.E. WORK SAMPLE, FEE CHECK, ETC.]
SAMPLE REQUIREMENTS – ADJUST TO YOUR OWN NEEDS:
- Cover letter describing exhibition proposal.
- Ten to twenty (10-20) digital images on CD/DVD. Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi
resolution, 4" x 6" image size, approximately.
- Artist Resume including biography, educational background, and exhibition record.
Timeline: [EVENT OR EXHBIT WILL RUN]
Entries Due: [DATE]
Selection Process: [Is their a committee who reviews submission requests – when and how often do they meet? WILL THEY BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST FOR FUTURE CHANCES TO SHOW – IF SO FOR HOW LONG?]
Notification to artist: [WHEN & HOW WILL ARTIST HEAR BACK FROM VENUE?]
Accepted Artwork: [LIST REQUIREMENTS FOR HANGING OR DISPLAYING, WHO IS SETTING UP WORK, ARE EASELS PROVIDED, IS WALL SPACE PROVIDED, ARE TABLES AND TABLE CLOTHS REQUIRED]
Delivery: [LOCATION AND TIME OF DELIVERY]
Reception: [LOCATION, WHEN, WHAT IS INCLUDED]
Exhibit or Event Ends: [DATE]
Pickup Artwork by: [DATE WORK MUST BE REMOVED BY]
Publicity: [DESCRIBE HOW EVENT OR EXHIBIT WILL BE PUBLICIZED]
Sales: [DESCRIBE ANY LIMITS TO WORK SALE OR ANY COMMISSIONS]
Contact: [Whom to contact with questions]
For those wishing to learn more about drafting a Call For Artists, Americans for the Arts published a helpful Call for Artists Resource Guide as well.