Mendocino County Celebrates American Craft Week 2012
See a complete list of 40 participating venues in Ukiah, in Anderson Valley, and along the Coast from Gualala to Fort Bragg in this ACW 2012 PDF.
Map/brochures available at participating locations or at www.VisitMendocino.com
Be sure to enter the prize drawing at each tour stop. Grand prize provided by the Little River Inn
It’s time to start planning for the second annual Mendocino County Celebrates American Craft Week! This year’s national celebration will be held the week of October 5-14 and we are working hard to make it a great countywide event.
How it works: Galleries, wineries and lodgings will host craft-focused events such as sales, demonstrations, lectures, or exhibits by local craft artists. Artists will join the celebration by showing and/or demonstrating their craft at their studio or a local business.
- There will be a printed brochure/map listing every event – description, location, hours and contact information
- Inland events will be held the first weekend, October 5-7
- Coastal events will be on the second weekend, October 12-14.
All events can go for the whole week or the whole month of October or just the weekend– that’s up to you.
- No raffle, so no donations will be needed. Flat fee of $40 to participate.
- We will have a beautiful poster for the event as well as other advertising.
- We will again have our event program on-line at www.visitmendocino.com
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact us if you’d like to be featured in our advertising as a sponsor. (We already have sponsorships from Savings Bank of Mendocino, and The Arts Council of Mendocino County.)
For more information contact: Alexis at email@example.com or Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Craft Week Celebration, October 5-14, 2012, will bring together individuals, small businesses and organizations from all fifty states in recognition of the countless ways handmade objects enrich our daily lives and contribute to our national aesthetic and economy. We hope this countywide event will raise awareness of the vibrant art scene in our county and bring both local and out of town visitors into our businesses and boost Fall sales of local arts and crafts.
Please pass this along to anyone you know who might be interested in participating.
Thank you and we look forward to promoting your event!