707-468-9882 ext. 101
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County,204 S. Oak Street, Ukiah, CA, Unknown
Judy Pruden Historical Preservation Fund
This memorial fund was opened by Judy’s husband, Mike Morgan. Judy was a long-term member of the Ukiah Planning Commission and over the past several decades was active in preserving the city’s history and historic buildings. This fund makes grants to community-based projects that involve the public (all ages) in the understanding and appreciation of Mendocino County’s history.
Previous grants have gone to Mendocino Study Club printing a walking historic Mendocino brochure; Kelley House Museum changing modular exhibits; Ukiah Main Street program printing historic downtown Ukiah walking tour brochure; and Friends of Observatory Park developing interpretive materials.
In 2017, the Community Foundation is welcoming proposals from Mendocino County organizations and public entities for small projects with a large and lasting impact.
· Historical publications and exhibits, marketing materials for historical tours, and historical information/plaques/interactive media;
· Small projects with large or lasting impact;
· Cost-sharing as demonstrated by additional funds and resources;
· Work-sharing as demonstrated by level of volunteer involvement;
· Historical preservation is aligned with the organization’s mission; and,
· Historical signage is fitting for the “sense of place.”
Total available funding: $4,500; Grant range: $500-$2,000
Deadline for Submission: January 31, 2017 by 12:00 pm (NOON)
Guidelines and applications can be found on our website at: http://www.communityfound.org/grants-scholarships/grants/. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County
204 S. Oak Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
707-468-9882 ext. 101 (office)