The Arts Council of Mendocino County and Mendocino County Library are sponsoring an art competition during the NEA Big Read.
• Art submissions will be inspired by or based on the book Pretty Monsters by Kelly Link and will include categories: manga, illustration, and anime. Media can be watercolors, pencil, ink, charcoal, oil, paper collage, and acrylic. Size: 18” x 20” or smaller.
• Short story submissions inspired by the book Pretty Monsters must be fewer than 1,500 words. Art and story criteria:
1) Clarity of theme
2) Creativity and originality
3) Quality and artistic expression of the depiction of theme
Three judges will rate submissions on a scale of 1-5 for each category. Prize for each category will be gift bag filled with art supplies!
Submissions due Nov. 2nd, 2018
• Submission locations: Arts Council, Public Libraries and County Museum • Art will be displayed at various locations from Nov. 6th – Nov. 26th
Contact: Arts Council 707-463-2727, Library 707-234-2872
NEA Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest