Due to COVID-19, Mendocino County is currently under a Shelter in Place Order.
Please refer to Mendocino County Public Health Department for latest updates.
The Arts Council of Mendocino County and Mendocino County Library are sponsoring an art competition during the NEA Big Read.
• Art submissions will be inspired by or based on the book Pretty Monsters by Kelly Link and will include categories: manga, illustration, and anime. Media can be watercolors, pencil, ink, charcoal, oil, paper collage, and acrylic. Size: 18” x 20” or smaller.
• Short story submissions inspired by the book Pretty Monsters must be fewer than 1,500 words. Art and story criteria:
1) Clarity of theme
2) Creativity and originality
3) Quality and artistic expression of the depiction of theme
Three judges will rate submissions on a scale of 1-5 for each category. Prize for each category will be gift bag filled with art supplies!
Submissions due Nov. 2nd, 2018
• Submission locations: Arts Council, Public Libraries and County Museum • Art will be displayed at various locations from Nov. 6th – Nov. 26th
Contact: Arts Council 707-463-2727, Library 707-234-2872
NEA Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest