Mendocino Art Center’s
MENDOCINO OPEN PAINT OUT – A PLEIN AIR FESTIVAL
on Northern California’s Beautiful Mendocino Coast
September 24–26, 2021
Registration is Now Open!
The Mendocino Art Center (MAC) hosts the Mendocino Open Paint Out (MOPO), a plein air festival established in 2013. The Mendocino Coast, located along a beautiful expanse of the Pacific Ocean in northern California, is a spectacular setting to paint en plein air. Artists claim that the quality of light is unlike anywhere else in the world.
From the rugged surrounding landscape, to the bay and beaches, to the quaint Victorian architecture and water towers in the town of Mendocino, to the nearby vineyards and wineries, artists are sure to find abundant creative inspiration, and will remember the beauty and tranquility of the Mendocino Coast long after visiting.
Join fellow artists on the picturesque northern California coast for the Mendocino Open Paint Out:
• Compete for prizes
• Sell your artwork in wet paint exhibitions in a professional gallery space | Select paintings will also be curated at the end of the event for a special Mendocino Open Paint Out Exhibition continuing through October 17
• Bring a painting for an event opening Artists Showcase Exhibition
• Watch evening demonstrations hosted by featured artists Ellen Howard and Dale Laitinen
• Compete in the Quick Draw Competition & Sale on Sunday
• Attend the celebratory awards presentation Sunday afternoon
• And, of course, paint en plein air all day at locations of your choosing!
Check-in will start Friday, September 24, 9am, and the event will conclude Sunday, September 26, 3pm.