Due to COVID-19, Mendocino County is currently under a Shelter in Place Order.
Please refer to Mendocino County Public Health Department for latest updates.
Mendocino Art Center’s
MENDOCINO OPEN PAINT OUT – A Plein Air Festival
September 14-20, 2020
Join fellow artists on the picturesque northern California coast for the Mendocino Open Paint Out
The Mendocino Art Center (MAC) hosts the eighth annual Mendocino Open Paint Out (MOPO), a plein air festival. The Mendocino Coast, located along a beautiful expanse of the Pacific Ocean in northern California, is a spectacular setting to paint en plein air. Artists claim that the quality of light is unlike anywhere else in the world.
From the rugged surrounding landscape, to the bay and beaches, to the quaint Victorian architecture and water towers in the town of Mendocino, to the nearby vineyards and wineries, artists are sure to find abundant creative inspiration. And, you will remember the beauty and tranquility of the Mendocino Coast long after your visit.
Our 2020 Featured Plein Air Artists:
John Hewitt (co-founder) • Natasha Isenhour • Ryan Jensen • Jim McVicker • Camille Przewodek • Michael Situ
* Compete for more than $9,000 in cash and prizes, including advertisements in Plein Air Magazine and Southwest Art.
* Sell your artwork in daily wet paint exhibitions in a professional gallery space
* Stay on campus, steps from the Pacific Ocean (book early, rooms fill quickly!)
Meet and mingle with the featured artists at a complimentary pizza party
* Enjoy festive nightly social gatherings at the Mendocino Art Center
* Watch daytime and evening demonstrations hosted by featured artists
* Compete in the Quick Draw Competition
* Attend the celebratory reception and awards presentation
* Start each day with a complimentary continental breakfast
* And, of course, paint en plein air daily!
Early registration is encouraged. Registration is first come, first served. Space may fill before the deadline.
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors!
Plein Air Magazine & Southwest Art Magazine