Entry deadline. Monday, July 25. You can enter here
Friday, August 12 Noon – 3 pm
Installation of wall glass, large, or fragile artwork, call for appointment before Aug 1
Saturday-Sunday, August 13-14, Noon – 3 pm
Deliver artwork to Gualala Arts Center, 46501 Old State Highway, Gualala, California (No work will be accepted after 3pm, no exceptions)
Thursday, August 18
Boxed Hat Dinner, Fine Art sneak preview. Call to reserve your take-out box, vegetarian and fish options available
Friday, August 19, 6 pm
Critique and Live streaming awards announcements at GualalaArts.org. Artists are requested and encouraged to view the award presentations
Saturday & Sunday, August 20 & 21
In person Exhibit will be open to the public along with Artist Booths on the grounds
Monday, August 22
Closed for “International Art in the Redwoods Recovery Day”
Monday-Tuesday, September 5-6, Noon – 3 pm
Pick Up Artwork, artwork released to artists and buyers until Tuesday 3 pm, thereafter $5 per day storage fee per piece
Please join Gualala Arts for Art in the Redwoods fine art exhibit! We continue to use the online registration and artwork submission process, and will feature online gallery displays, online sales, online viewer feedback comments, and streaming awards announcements. For those choosing not to exhibit in person, we have added a separate online-only category. The in-person exhibit is limited to the first 350 submitted pieces, and overflow entries will be moved to the ONLINE-ONLY! category, so enter early!
All Gualala Arts member-submitted pieces are accepted for Art in the Redwoods. Art awards will total more than $5,000 this year, all provided by local sponsors. Award-winning artwork is s
Categories: Oil Acrylics etc. (single surface), Water Media single surface (with adhesives enter in mixed media), Prints & Graphics (originals only – no giclees or reproductions), Sculpture (any material), Monochromatic Photography, Color Photography, Digital Art, Pastels & Drawings, Woodworking, Glass, Jewelry & Ornamentation (limited editions of 250 or less), Clay & Mosaic, Fibers Textiles & Soft Sculpture, Quilts, Collage Mixed Media & 2-D Assemblage, Weaving, Video Clips (one minute or less – any subject), ONLINE-ONLY! (all categories)elected by the Fine Art Exhibit judges, and our visitors and gallery viewers will be able to purchase your artwork directly from the online gallery or in person at Gualala Arts.
Art in the Redwoods is a members-only exhibit, all entrants must be a member of Gualala Arts. If you are NOT currently a member, you may pay $32 for an individual membership with your first entry, or go to www.GualalaArts.org and purchase your membership directly ($30 Individual, $50 Family).
– Artists may enter up to four (4) pieces of artwork.
– Each piece requires a separate entry, so artists may submit up to four (4) entries.
– Exhibiting In-person is REQUIRED for all pieces entered in all categories except the ONLINE-ONLY! category.
– ALL entries must be a part of the online exhibit.
– Total pieces for the in-person exhibit are limited to 350. Overflow entries will be moved to the ONLINE-ONLY! category/competition, so enter early.
NOTE: the ONLINE-ONLY! category judging and awards are 1st/2nd/3rd only, and not included in main categorized competition or special awards.
– Gualala Arts, Inc. is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of artworks entered in the exhibit at any time in the exhibit process.
– Exhibiting Artists are solely responsible for their work.
– Gualala Arts does not insure artwork. Exhibiting Artists should insure their work if they deem it necessary.
– Up to four images per piece may be uploaded for judges to view.
– The FIRST image uploaded will be the ONLY one displayed in the public online gallery.
– For framed works, you may choose an unframed image of the artwork for the gallery view and include a description of the frame and matte in your piece description (preferred), or use an image of the framed piece as your gallery image.
– For three dimensional pieces, we suggest a full image of the piece for the gallery view, and showing the artwork from different angles in your secondary images for judges.
– For Diptych and Triptych entries, the FIRST image uploaded (the online gallery view) must contain all elements.
– Submission of entry indicates Artist acceptance of all conditions stated in this document, including all entry and exhibit requirements listed here: https://gualala.art/air-61-info/
EACH PIECE MUST:
– be entered by a living Artist who created the artwork within the last two (2) years
– never have been previously exhibited at Art in the Redwoods
– have accurate representational images uploaded with EntryThingy submission- be authorized for exhibit on our website (Check the box agreeing that your artwork images may be used for show publicity and the gallery widget.)
– be subject to judging and prizes
– be priced for sale or ‘NFS’ if any piece is not for sale (NFS item fee is double the Entry Fee)
SPECIAL IN-PERSON EXHIBIT INSTRUCTIONS:
Title and Materials labels are limited to 35 characters each (including blank spaces) on the entry form. In-person exhibit title cards will be edited by staff if this limit is exceeded.
SPECIAL MULTIPLES SALES INSTRUCTIONS:
– Multiples sales are limited to photography, digital art, and prints ONLY
– Artist is responsible for shipping/delivering sold multiples to Gualala Arts by Friday, September 3rd OR arranging shipping/delivery directly to buyer at buyer’s expense
Receipt of any shipped/delivered items must be confirmed by buyer to Gualala Arts before Artist payment will be released
SPECIAL ONLINE-ONLY! CATEGORY INSTRUCTIONS:
– Artist understands this special category is not included in traditional category judging and awards (ONLINE-ONLY! category 1st/2nd/3rd place awards only)
– Artist is responsible for shipping/delivering sold ONLINE-ONLY! pieces to Gualala Arts by Friday, September 3rd OR arranging shipping/ delivery directly to buyer at buyer’s expense
Receipt of any shipped/delivered items must be confirmed by buyer to Gualala Arts before artist payment will be released
SPECIAL ENTRY CHANGE INSTRUCTIONS:
– Artist may make changes to their online entry free of charge up until the entry deadline on July 25 (call Kendra at 707-884-1138)
– After the July 25 entry deadline, changes can only be made during art intake by filling out a change form, paying a $10 fee, and supplying new artwork image(s) as needed for the online gallery (See UPLOAD IMAGES section for information and suggestions about the main gallery image and multiple judges views)
GUALALA ARTS RESERVES THE RIGHT:
– to change category classification of any piece
– at its sole discretion, to refuse to display any artwork
– Art in the Redwoods is a members-only exhibit, all entrants must be a member of Gualala Arts. If you are NOT currently a member, you may pay $32 for an individual membership with your first entry, or go to www.GualalaArts.org and purchase your membership directly ($30 Individual, $50 Family)
EXHIBIT ENTRY FEES:
– $10 per piece (for sale)
– $20 per piece if not for sale (NFS)
– $10 to change your entry after July 25 entry deadline (call Kendra at 707-884-1138 to change your entry online before July 25 deadline free of charge)
– Entry Fees are non-refundable
– Exhibit Entry Fees for Artists under 18 years old are waived (contact Kendra at 707-884-1138 or info@GualalaArts.org for instructions before entry submission)
– Gualala Arts retains 30% commission on all art sales or multiples sales
– Artist payment checks will be issued within two weeks of the end of the month in which the sale was made, providing buyer confirms receipt of artwork for any online-only or multiples shipped/delivered items
It is Gualala Arts policy to request the Artist submit to Gualala Arts 10% of any future sales generated as a result of the Art in the Redwood Exhibit. Send payments to: Gualala Arts P.O. Box 244, Gualala, CA 95445
– Total more than $5,000!
– $500 Best of Show
– $100 Best Local Work (Jenner to Elk)
– $100 Most Popular (voted by viewers)
– $100 1st Place each category (blue ribbon) No entry minimum required
– $ 75 2nd Place each category (red ribbon) 5 entries minimum required
– $ 50 3rd Place each category (white ribbon) 10 entries minimum required
– $100 Redwood Coast Land Conservancy
– $100 Friends of the Gualala River
– $100 Mendonoma Sightings
– $100 Beading Excellence
– $100 Figure Drawing
– $100 Emerging Artist (best work under 18)
– Ribbons for Judges Awards
Award presentations will be made at approximately 6pm on Friday August 19 via Social Media. Artists are requested and encouraged to view the award presentations.