The coronavirus (COVID-19) has displayed serious destructive and disruptive impacts on communities with advanced community spread. In an effort to prevent an overwhelm of healthcare capacity, to keep as many people healthy as possible, and to minimize long-term economic impact, many local events, performances, conferences, meetings, and fundraisers are being postponed or cancelled. Please check with presenting organizations and venues for current event status. It is unclear what the long term economic impact will be. Please seek ways to support organizations and businesses with cancelled events and fundraisers.
Low-interest Economic Injury Disaster Loans to businesses and nonprofits that have been severely impacted by the COVID-19
California Arts Council
California Layers for the Arts
WESTAF (Western States Arts Federation)
American Alliance of Museums
Information about Economic Relief:
Emergency Resources for Artists (compiled by the Center for Cultural Innovation) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xv238DlW_9HWhJTHr561r8fPaD4BSzOZraDOm2ESyeA/edit#heading=h.tro2rlkgj00l
ARTS EDUCATION AT HOME
Mendocino Dance Project at-home dance lesson:
Drawing half a portrait:
Commonsense Practices for Individuals
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds, especially after sneezing or coughing into a tissue, after using the bathroom, before eating, and after being in a public setting
• If you can’t wash, then use hand sanitizer as directed
• Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Wash hands after discarding the tissue
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Limit close contact with those who are sick
• Stay away from others if you are sick, including staying home from work
• Clean surfaces that are touched often, including your mobile phone
Pandemic Etiquette & Social Distancing
• Call, email, or text before visiting homes and offices.
• Hit the pause button on hugs and handshakes.
• Recognize that underlying conditions may be invisible and individual responses to this virus vary widely. You owe your fellow humans a wide berth, even if you feel strong and healthy.
• Connect, but do so in ways that are not invasive.
HEALTH AGENCY INFORMATION AND RESPONSE
Mendocino County COVID-19 information:
Sonoma County COVID-19 information:
Lake County COVID-19 information:
California Department of Public Health:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention:
ECONOMIC INFORMATION AND RESPONSE
Local Information and Support for Small Businesses:
California State information on business assistance:
Labor and Workforce Resources for Employers and Employees
ARTS-SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND RESPONSE
Americans for the Arts Resource and Response Page:
Community Foundation of Mendocino County ANGEL FUND for individuals experiencing hardship
Community Foundation of Mendocino County SAVE THE DAY Fund for nonprofits experiencing unforeseen operational costs
HOW TO APPLY FOR CARES ACT FUNDS (assistance for individuals & small nonprofits): https://independentsector.org/resource/caresact/#1585589103375-1ce64dd6-3241