September 7-12, 2015.
The Mendocino Art Center hosts the third Mendocino Open Paint Out (MOPO), a plein air festival, welcoming more than sixty celebrity and participating artists - in watermedia, oil and pastel - from seven different states.
The public is welcome at all activities:
* Four days of plein air painting - watch celebrity artists paint outdoors, September 8-11.
* Daily wet paint sales - new paintings each day, September 8-12.
* Celebrity artist painting exhibition - Co-founder John Hewitt, Marsha Connell, Erin Dertner, Aimee Erickson, Dale Laitinen, Carolyn Lord, Ann McMillan and Juan Peña. Opening September 7.
* Celebrity artist demonstrations - September 8-11, 2pm and 7pm (no demo on Friday, September 11 at 7pm).
* Community dinners at the Mendocino Art Center. Food and drink available for purchase. September 8-10, 5pm to 7pm.
* Quick Draw Competition and Sale, Saturday, September 12. Watch the competition, 11am to 1pm (location to be announced) and then vote for YOUR favorite piece at the Quick Draw Sale, 2pm to 5pm.
* Celebratory Reception and Awards Presentation, Saturday, September 12, 5pm to 8pm. Enjoy wine and appetizers and be there for the announcement of the award winners.
View a complete schedule of events at