Among the ways that we support businesses seeking to partner with artists are:
1. We will help you draft a Call to Artists. (Click on "Call to Artists" to download the sample form, or see below.) Your CTA describes what you are looking for and ensures that you have plenty of artists from which to choose.
2. We will share your Call to Artists with our members & post it to the opportunities section of our website, thereby ensuring that the maximum number of artists are aware of your needs.
3. We will promote your art events ensuring that your partnership with the arts brings new circles of people to your place of business.
Please become a FRIEND of the Arts Council to take advantage of these services.
CALL TO ARTISTS
Name of Venue or Event:
Work Media: [LIST DESCRIPTION OF WORK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR I.E.
SCULPTURE, PAINTS, PRINTS, ETC]
Work Size: [EXAMPLE: 6’X6’, 80 LB. MAX]
Entry Requirements: [LIST ANY REQUIREMENTS I.E. WORK SAMPLE, FEE
SAMPLE REQUIREMENTS – ADJUST TO YOUR OWN NEEDS:
1. Cover letter describing exhibition proposal.
2. Ten to twenty (10-20) digital images on CD/DVD.
Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi
resolution, 4" x 6" image size, approximately.
3. Artist Resume including biography, educational background, and exhibition
Timeline: [EVENT OR EXHBIT WILL RUN]
Entries Due: [DATE]
Selection Process: [Is their a committee who reviews submission requests – when and
how often do they meet? WILL THEY BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST FOR FUTURE
CHANCES TO SHOW – IF SO FOR HOW LONG?]
Notification to artist: [WHEN & HOW WILL ARTIST HEAR BACK FROM VENUE?]
Accepted Artwork: [LIST REQUIREMENTS FOR HANGING OR DISPLAYING,
WHO IS SETTING UP WORK, ARE EASELS PROVIDED, IS WALL SPACE
PROVIDED, ARE TABLES AND TABLE CLOTHS REQUIRED]
Delivery:[LOCATION AND TIME OF DELIVERY]
Reception:[LOCATION, WHEN, WHAT IS INCLUDED]
Exhibit or Event Ends: [DATE]
Pickup Artwork by: [DATE WORK MUST BE REMOVED BY]
Publicity:[DESCRIBE HOW EVENT OR EXHIBIT WILL BE PUBLICIZED]
Sales:[DESCRIBE ANY LIMITS TO WORK SALE OR ANY COMMISSIONS]
Contact: [Whom to contact with questions]